Thank you to voters for passing the Operational Levy for Boulder Valley School District. I appreciate the high level of support from the community.
Ballot Measure 3A approved by voters establishes an operational mill levy which will fund a portion of the $33.4 million in present ongoing maintenance, custodial, security, and technology expenditures. Resources from the levy will allow investment for ongoing preventative maintenance and repairs to extend facility life.
General fund resources freed up by the operational levy will be available to support the following services:
· Maintain present level of educational services.
· Invest in preventative maintenance for buildings and equipment.
· Replace out-of-date textbooks and learning materials.
· Fund compensation and benefits for all employees.
· Provide training for staff.
· Employ educators to meet student needs.
Initially the levy will generate $10 million dollars a year. The Board of Education has authority to increase the levy to 4 mills in future years which would provide more than $25 million dollars a year for district investment in services.
I appreciate voters approving this much-needed financial support for BVSD students. Resources from the levy will be used to offset inadequate funding provided by the state legislature.
Additional information is available at BVSD.org